The Art of Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor Mindset

Go down

Survivor Mindset Empty Survivor Mindset

Post  Zed Tzu Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Surviving HvZ does not boil down to skill. Think it does? Get over yourself, then find me an eight year old who can't shoot a nerf gun. No, you will lose every time if you try to fight your way through the week. You will run out of ammo. You will always be outnumbered. You will always be slower than at least one Zed.

What's the key to survival? The answer, fellow survivors, is mindset and luck. Some of you more competitive players might not yet accept the latter as fact, but it is. This is not football, boxing, or swimming; you cannot trust that the more skilled set of players will win. The best you can do is minimize the role that luck will play... Which you want to do, because Luck is a lady and she can be a spiteful bitch.

This is where mindset comes in. If you're not absolutely paranoid for the rest of the game, you're going about it wrong. You must exercise caution at all time. Always assume the worst, but should conflict arise, keep a level head and don't panic (And though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the biggest, baddest motherfucker in the valley). You must be dedicated to your role of surviving. HvZ will be won by whichever side wants to win it more, so let's show those Zeds that we're in it to win it. If you aren't stuck in survival mode for days after the game, you haven't given what's needed to win.

The scales will be tilted against us, but I say challenge accepted! We are the few and the defiant. We are survivors.

Zed Tzu
Admin

https://artofsurvival.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum